Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

New book, yay! -_-

I just recently was forced to start a new book in class called   The house of the SCORPION by, Nancy Farmer.   I have gotten about 70 pages in and so far its about a kid who turns out to be a clone and everybody hates clones. so, yeah thats about it, 70 pages in and thats all I know. It takes place in what used to be Mexico.  I've read better books but the plot behind it seems original enough, NOT! the book is just like any book about a slaves or "untouchables" the only differnce is this is about a clone and Mexico is called Opium. eh two stars out of five

3 comments:

  1. Really, you're giving it just two stars out of five with only 70 pages in. It's the recipient of the three huge book awards (Newbery Honor, Printz, and National Book Award)....given that, don't you think it's going to pick up at least a little?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those awards mean nothing, if write a story about some kid growing up alone or a soldier who comes back from the middle east and his family is dead or his wife left him then im probably going to get some sort of reward for it they eat up that mushy stuff and for my sake I hope it does picks up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I for one think that rusty is right Ive read plenty of books that have gotten awards but wernt that good
    but I also agree with steve you should keep your chin up after all your only 70 padges in!

    ReplyDelete