Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dear Death,

Dear Death,


I see you standing there in the backround, watching, waiting, always ready to pounce at the first opportunity to take them away. When they finally leave I don’t cry or beg or bargain, I don’t even regret, I accept the inevitable, I’ve come to look at you not with anger but happiness, for I welcome thee bringer of justice to take away my friend’s pain and mortality. I’m not sad when you arrive but happy for I know that I will see them in the after life, whatever that may be, at the very least dream of them in my never waking slumber. I just want you to know that I’m not scared or intimidated I expect you to be cruel but just try not to chop off my head thinking I'll put up a fight. I will just go with you but I am ready to leave but I prefer to keep all my body parts in the process. I suspect we will meet again soon but the battlefield will be a different place.

your friend , Well you already know.

8 comments:

  1. good stoery and remember stay cheezy like Cheezy Gritz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the subtle humor....mentioning not wanting your head getting chopped off. I didn't catch this until the second time reading it, though. Nice stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know wether this was scary or amusing! lol but good poem. i would love to hear your read this again and explain youjr words to why you wrote them! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice piece but it had a kinda of creepy vibe to it

    ReplyDelete